Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Reality Hits

Wow. Today was my last day at school until after spring break. The kids were great and my co-workers were even better. One lady brought in a black dress for me to try on. It fit pretty well and everyone liked it. (AND it has long sleeves!) Then, someone left me an envelope on my desk and it had some lovely messages from my coworkers. AND they'd taken up a collection and gave me some cash to put toward my expenses. I about cried! How wonderful and humbling to be the recipient of such kindness!

The reality of my trip is starting to hit me, although I'm not crying yet. I imagine I will be when I see my mom on Friday afternoon. Everyone at work kept saying, "Have a great time...uh, I didn't mean it like that." I know what they meant. My grandfather had a long and glorious life doing what he loved, going where he wanted. We should be celebrating his life. And we will, I have no doubt. I promise soon I'll stop talking about all this, but right now I need to. So thanks for listening.

As for me, I'm off to finish my laundry, my packing and reading Tracy Wolff's book. I'll chat at you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Nita Wick said...

Have a safe trip, Lexi.

Lexi said...

Thanks, Nita.

Kelly Boyce said...

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, Lexi, but you're right, sounds like he had a life worth celebrating. Have a save trip.

Lexi said...

Thanks, Kelly.