Thursday, March 19, 2009

Overwhelmed But Excited

I've decided to keep working on both my Scottish contemporaries and my suspenses. When I think about writing and working on a story, I'm still having trouble choosing one to work on. I've got some contests I want to enter in the next few weeks, so that will direct some of my work. But today I'm hoping to sit down, write down what stories I've got, what work needs to be done on each and to come up with a plan so that I can get back into writing. This has been a challenge for a while now and this isn't so overwhelming. I mean, how awesome to have SO MANY stories to choose from!

The challenge now is to find a way to revise my website to reflect both the contemps and the suspenses. My line "Suspense to leave you breathless, romance to soothe your soul" on my website doesn't really fit for both. Also, the look and feel of the website is geared toward suspense. I need to revise it and especially before Nationals if I plan to pitch and pass out business cards. (Which all comes back to what will I be ready to pitch, what will I work on, etc.) Anyway, it all feels overwhelming right now, but I want to get started. Nationals is only a few months away. And I've been in limbo/mourning for long enough. I need to get my butt in gear and get back to work!

So, any words of wisdom for me on anything? The 2 types of stories? The website? Keeping myself sane?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't worry about changing your website at this point. It's so great. Not to mention, you're further ahead with your suspense stuff right now. Keep working both stories. For national, do up 2 sets of business cards. Or do double sided cards. Scottish stories on one side, suspense on the other.

And you're right. It's great to have so much to choose from.