Sunday, February 12, 2006

Creativity and Connections

Saturday was a busy day. Did normal stuff like grocery shopping, a teeny tiny bit o' cleaning, and spent an hour and a half at the gym. The bulk of my day was spent (besides eating lime sherbet) typing up the pages I'd handwritten over the last few days and then working on today's pages. I say pages because I typed a couple and then I handwrote 7 1/2! I'm so in love with this story and the idea of falling in love. Wonder if it could have anything to do with Valentine's Day coming up? Or the Valentine's Dance last night?

The dance was cute. The kids didn't do much dancing for the first 30-45 minutes and then they got into it. I found out a few of the "couples" within my 3 classes. I taught some of these kids when they were in 2nd grade and to see them now as 5th and 6th graders is just so weird for me. It just boggles my mind how fast they're growing up. It's going to break my heart a little when they have to move on to another school.

I'm the type of person who detests change unless I'm the one orchestrating the change. Since graduating college (the first time), I've moved an average of every two years. Before college, I can remember living in four different homes. When I chose to be a teacher I figured it would be good for me. I'd have the kids for a year and then send them on their way to another class. I'd have a change every year, but I knew that going in. It was something I could expect, be sure of and it was supposed to keep me from getting attached. I never imagined that I'd end up caring so much.

No comments: