Friday, February 10, 2006

Love on a Friday

Well, tonight is the BIG 5th, 6th & 7th grade Valentine's Dance. Yay. Can you tell how excited I am? We get out of school at 12:30 on Fridays so the teachers can have staff development for a couple of hours. But now it's 2:30 and the dance doesn't start until 7. I could go home, but I don't think I'd come back. So, I'm here in my classroom, thinking about doing my lesson plans for next week, listening to some Celtic music and thinking about writing. I plan to do a bit of work for about an hour or so and then I'm jumping back into my manuscript!

For the last couple of days I've only been writing less than 500 words on my challenge simply because I don't have time. There was the night I spent 3 1/2 hours writing progress reports. And ESL teaching. And my ARWA meeting. And last night I read my CP's last chapter for a last chapter contest. (What a great idea! I liked it so much I'm thinking of entering it as well!) I'm so looking forward to a weekend filled with wonderfully creative scenes. And maybe a bit of exercise.

Oh! I got my certificate for the GOTCHA contest yesterday. Now I just have to get a frame and stick it up in my office. I got pretty good comments and saw that I only won by 2 points. Wow! What a tight race! One of my judges said she'd judged part of my entry before and noticed how much improvement there was. That made me feel great. My dreams of one day being published aren't forever beyond my reach! I'm planning to work next week on revising my entry and constructing my query letter for the editor. Then it's on to a load of agent queries and hopefully getting closer to 100 pages on my current manuscript.

Okay, I really need to get to those lesson plans...

No comments: