Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Feelin' Pretty Good

So, our field trip to Houston didn't kill me, although it came close. But what did I come home to?

A friend of mine, a published writer with four books to her credit, sent me an e-mail asking if I'd be willing to read through her latest proposal and synopses. Um, yeah! I didn't even have to think twice. Okay, I admit that I did stop to think, "Gee, what would she want with my opinion?" But I got over that fast and told her I'd love to read through her stuff since her normal readers were indisposed. I don't think she knows how HUGE this is to me. No, my opinion won't make or break her deal with her publisher, but the fact that she asked me and the fact that she worried about overstepping the bounds of our friendship just warmed my heart.

So, I watched the season finales of 2 of my favorite shows (NCIS and The Unit) and thought about reading through my friend's stuff tomorrow night for sure. I have nothing but another meeting about retaining a student, but that should be over by 4:30, 5:00. I'll still have time to go grocery shopping, come home and read all the stuff my friend sent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun and happy reading!