Saturday, May 27, 2006

YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Summer vacation is here! I'm free! No more student dirty looks...until August. We've got staff development next week for 2 days, but I can handle hanging out with my co-workers. The kids had an end of the year dance last night, but I didn't go.

Why, you ask?

I had the pleasure of sitting on the couch with cotton balls in my ears and a heating pad while I listened to all the strange noises coasting through my head. And my diagnosis was confirmed when I went to the doctor's today. Ear infections IN BOTH EARS! Everything is muffled. I have to turn up the sound on the TV and radio. If someone talks to me I have to actually be looking at them to know. Not too much pain, but we couldn't tell if I perforated my eardrum again. (Happened all the time when I was growing up.)

BUT!!!! The really cool thing about my 2 hours in the waiting room? I plotted a new book! I've promised myself that I won't work on it until FP is finished, though.

Speaking of FP, I haven't done a single thing on it in a couple of weeks. And right now I don't want to. I know once I get started I'll be totally into it and I'll wonder what kept me away. Maybe I'll get back to it later on this weekend. For now, I'm going back to the couch with my cotton balls, a cup of tea and some shortbread.

5 comments:

Bailey Stewart said...

I hope the ears get better. I used to have them all of the time when I was a child. Screwed up my hearing.

I'm going to put my feet up this evening too, but only because I have had enough of the Texas heat for one day.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Woohoo! The end of school is the BEST thing in the world! Enjoy every single day of your vacation. You EARNED it!

Sorry to hear about the ears. That must be awful. Can't even imagine. But way to go on the new plot. Way cool!

TJ Brown said...

Ouch! Sorry about your ears! But that is awesome that you got another book plotted out!
Teri

Bailey Stewart said...

How's the ears doing?

Anonymous said...

Hope the ears heal quickly! And yay on being out of school! I'm so jealous.