Sunday, May 21, 2006

Only FIVE Days Until I'm Free!

I'm just about finished my last grading for the year. Tomorrow I'll input the grades into our handy-dandy computer program for report cards. It's almost over! I'm now starting to feel it. Summer vacation is coming. Barrelling toward me. And I'm standing in the middle of the road with my arms wide open!

Well, I read about 260 pages of a book yesterday and only stopped because I couldn't keep my eyes open. So, when I got up this morning, I had breakfast, made my cup of tea and finished the 80 pages or so of Kresley Cole's If You Dare. It's been a long time since I've indulged in reading like that and it was wonderful! Soon I'll be able to do that more. You know, once the school year is over!

But more importantly, it inspired me to get back to Fractured Paradise, my WIP. I haven't touched it for a couple of weeks now. I was okay with that because I wanted to focus on closing out the school year. Now that I only have 5 days left and my academics are pretty much taken care of, I can jump back into my WIP. And onto the next book.

Some events happened over the last few days in my life that have forced me to look closely at what I'm doing and who I am. Nothing bad, just reminders of where I wanted to be and how far I've strayed from that. The book after FP, one in which I have many thoughts and scenes already planned, will deal with some of those personal events and help steer me back on the path I need to be traveling.

But for now, I should finish that last batch of grades. Have a great rest of the weekend wherever you are!

3 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Yeah! I love how a good book inspires you to get back to work. (Hmmm...I think I need to go find a good book.) *grin*

Yippie-skippie on school being almost over. Summer break is the best! Enjoy it!

TJ Brown said...

Or sometimes you just read and read cause you are avoiding your WIP:) Been there done that. What are your plans for the summer? I have read about all your ideas. Just wondering what your firm plans are....
teri

Lexi said...

I'll be visiting the family in RI for a while (while I work on that new WIP) and then I'll be staying here to get a headstart on my new duties at work for the '06-'07 school year.