Saturday, May 06, 2006

News of an Agent Kind

Within the last four days I've received one agent rejection and 2 requests for partials! I'm thrilled! Of course, this means I have to go back and reread my romantic suspense and tweak it so that they will request the entire manuscript.

I was hoping to report that I'd finaled in the Happily Ever After contest, but it doesn't look like that's happening. I'm sad because this was a last chapter contest and I thought for sure my last chapter would at least final. After all, I love it and so does my CP. But, my CP Jenna did final in the historical category of the HEA so I still have something to be happy about!

Bottom line: This business is soooooo subjective and I MUST ALWAYS remember that!

Happy writing and happy weekend!

1 comment:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Way to go on the requests! Great work.

I'm in a no-contest mode these days. I hate contests with only two judges - I keep scoring really high with one and really low with the other. I do a lot better in contests where there are 3-4 judges per entry. Wonder why that is?