Friday, May 05, 2006

Another Friday

Hi ho, hi ho! Another Friday is upon us and I've got THREE weeks left until summer break officially begins. No, I'm not too excited. Work's been crazy and I suspect it will continue to be crazy for the rest of the time. But that's okay because then I can relax and enjoy!

Parts of Texas had some severe weather last night. Hail, power going out, trees coming down. My lights flickered a couple of times, but that was it. My car sits outside the front door unprotected by a carport or garage, but it didn't get hail damage. I had to move a few branches out of the road when I was leaving for work, but no big deal. The big deal came when I got to work. Several trees had split and fallen on different parts of the school grounds. Also, we have portables for 6 of our classrooms and none of us had power. So, my Language Arts classes were conducted in one of the Kindergarten rooms today. A fun time was had by all. The power came on later this afternoon only to go out again a couple hours later. Then, when I came home, a different section of my complex road was actually closed (complete with yellow Do Not Enter tape) due to some big trees being knocked down. Luckily everyone I know was safe. That's all that matters.

I'm happy to report my CP and friend Jenna Stuart finaled in 2 contests this week! I've told you this before and I'll mention it again. Remember this name: JENNA STUART. You'll be seeing her historicals on the shelves before you know it!

No comments: