Wednesday, May 31, 2006

And So It Goes

Staff development really isn't the same when you can't hear the presenters. Ears are still blocked, but I think that's okay. I think that my hearing will come back after the infection has been cleared up. My ears are itchy so I take that as a good sign.

Other than that I haven't been up to much. I've watched TV with the sound up. I've slept on the couch the last 2 nights with the TV on so I don't sleep through the alarm that I might not be able to hear.

As for writing, I printed a copy of my RS for a friend at work. I've been playing aorund with FP trying to reorganize it so I'm ready to tackle it and finish it. I've also printed out worksheets on characters (from Emily McKay and Robyn DeHart) so I can brainstorm the story I plotted at the doctor's office.

I agreed last week to go on a trip to the south of Texas with a friend and her kids. We're supposed to leave tomorrow, but now I'm not sure I should go. I feel fine other than not being able to hear completely, but I'm worried that I'll be a burden or that I won't get my hearing back in due time and I'll have to go back to the doctor's. What do you think?

Oh, I also have no phone service at home on one of our phone lines. Of course it has to be the one I use to connect to the internet. It's the only thing I use the phone for. (Yeah, I'm typing this from work just a few minutes from when our staff development starts.) Supposedly the phone company is sending someone out to the house today and I don't have to be there. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll post again tonight if they get it fixed!

1 comment:

Bailey Stewart said...

Going to the coast? You might want to make sure that the ears are protected from the wind and salty moisture, but otherwise it should be all right. Ask the doctor.

Sounds like you're making some headway on the writing.