Friday, September 29, 2006

And How Was Your Week?

Sunday- Worked on UCOD, read a little, watched football.
Monday-Worked late. Still not caught up. Worked on UCOD ending.
Tuesday- Didn't work late. Watched 2 of my favorite shows. Revised UCOD chapters 1-4
Wednesday- Didn't work late. Read. Revised chapters 5-8.
Thursday- Open House for parents. Got the chance to get 7th grader in trouble. I gave progress reports a couple of weeks ago. His mom never got it, so I whipped out my copy for her to read. Got home late, worked on contest entries to mail after work on Friday.
Friday- Never made it to the post office. Got into my first car accident. 3 cars involved, but all the drivers walked away. I sat in traffic, watched the car try to make a tricky left turn and knew the oncoming traffic would get him. I had no escape, nowhere to go. I could only sit there and wait for it to happen. Scariest moment of my life in a LOOOOONG time. The other 2 cars had to be towed. I drove to school thinking the damage wasn't that bad. Turns out it is. It's still in the parking lot.
Saturday- Going to get back behind the wheel (of family member's car) and mail off my contest entries. Hey, the writing business must go on! Then it's off to tailgate and watch the Longhorns kick butt tomorrow night!

I leave you with the homework I gave to my students today: Have a good weekend and hug the people you love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'm glad everyone's okay. Scary!

Hook 'em 'Horns! :)

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Oh, gosh! Glad to hear you're okay. That had to be frightening.

Way to go on working on the writing ever day this week. I'm impressed!