Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Dear cable company,

Thank you for ruining the one season premiere I've been looking forward to watching. Anxious months I have spent thinking about the characters and what would happen to them during the start of the new season. Tonight, you made sure to deprive me of that information.

I would have liked to have seen the WHOLE hour. Cutting out at 8:30 and giving me a blue screen for TWENTY minutes was not very customer friendly. But, you were able to restart my service and I thank you for that. I just wish it had been sooner. Watching a main character get airlifted out of what I will presume was hostile territory and watching another main couple decide to stay on base would have meant so much more if I had seen all the obstacles they'd gone through to get to that point in the show.

You were able to come through for me in one way. Thank you so much for giving me back service in time to see the preview for next week's show, but may I offer some advice? Whatever the problem was, please make sure it is fixed before next Tuesday. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN.

Sincerely,
One ticked off fan of "The Unit"

3 comments:

TJ Brown said...

I am so sorry. Sometimes we just love our TV. I was watching the very end of Rockstar Supernova. I knew I had to get the kids about 8:30. In the middle of it. SO I went a little early to yank them out of youth group. (I didn't even care if they were in the middle of the final prayer!) And they weren't there. They went to get ice scream. I was furious. Told the pastor they needed to FIRE the youth group leader. FIRE him. Came home just in time to see Lucas Rossi singing and the credits rolling. WTF?
Okay, I'm an addict. What can I say.
Teri

Anonymous said...

What a pain! Our cable company sucks. Half the time the major network channels have the crappiest reception. I finally went so far as to add CBS & NBC to my satellite package (yes, I have satellite AND cable *g*) so I could at least catch the shows I like when this happens. What really irritates me, though, is when the cable company's commercials come on and they tell you how good they are! *rolling eyes* Yeah. Right. Wanna try to sell me a bridge in NYC?

Anonymous said...

Argh!! Don't you just hate that??