Monday, September 11, 2006

Rejected!

Got the letter today from one of my top agents. Although she enjoyed reading UCOD, she didn't feel passionate enough about it. You want to know what my first thought was when I saw the envelope? Cool! Now I can send her FP as soon as the partial is ready (which should only be a week or two)!

I'm amazed by my thick skin lately. I'm imagining it's all because the manuscript getting the rejections was finished almost a year ago and I'm so far removed from it. But, then again, FP got crappy contest scores and that didn't seem to bother me. Of course, the contest judges weren't in a position to buy and sell my manuscript.

Ah, well. Time to file away the slip of paper and get back to the drawing board with FP. I really think this one could be big. Someone somewhere will want it. Just wait and see.

5 comments:

Nic said...

You WILL get THE CALL. I guarantee it. I just know you'll be the next Suze or Cherry. I've always thought that.

I'll have to email you this week. Sorry it's been so much time since the last time we talked.

Anonymous said...

*hugs* on the rejection but good for you for not letting it get you down!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Sorry to hear about the R, but it sounds like you have the best attitude!

It's going to happen, Christine. It's only a matter of time. Believe in your gut. If it's telling you this is the one, odds are pretty good it is.

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Awesome attitude! Good for you.

I know what you mean about not being upset over the rejection of older mss... If you wrote them 2, 3 years ago, there are just so many more interesting things you're doing now to claim your attention. When those old stories are R'ed, you just think, "Well, wait till you see what I've got goin' on NOW!"

Bailey Stewart said...

That attitude will get you far. Besides, I have an entire book about rejections and there are some pretty famous books that were rejected multitudes (and I mean multitudes) of times before they were published.