Sunday, March 18, 2007

Back to the Grind

Hello! I tried to post yesterday and wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day but blogger and AOL REFUSED to let me say anything. I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I partied at my step-brother's. A good time was had by all.

My retreat was wonderful. The first day I wrote A LOT. The second day I plotted the book and even learned a thing or two about my hero and heroine. I also met a new character who is only 16 in this story, but she's already made it clear to me that she intends to stick around my head, pop up in other stories and eventually get her own story when she's older. She plays a very important role in this current book. A 16-year-old who is pushy and thinks the world revolves around her? Gee, I've never met anyone like that before. :)~ Anyway, she's proving to be very interesting. Oh, the rest of the retreat was relaxing. I shopped, I ate, I drank, I read, I ate some more and then ate some more! I almost didn't want to come home.

When I got home, I found an e-mail from one of the agents I had queried on Monday and Tuesday. She wants to read the 1st part of the book (FP)! I was thrilled, of course, and mailed it yesterday before the St. Patrick's Day party.

Today I ventured back into my classroom to prepare for this upcoming week. I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO do not want to be back here, but it's only 10 weeks of school before summer and with my surgery I'll only have 7. Still no date set for that slicing and dicing, but I'm confident that I'll know something for sure this week.

Well, I better get back to my grading so I can go home soon. Have a great rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

Kelly Boyce said...

Wow - congrats on the request!! Godo luck and keep us posted.

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Hey, that's great that the retreat went so well. And huge congrats on the request!!

Lexi said...

Thanks, ladies! I'm pretty psyched.