Saturday, March 03, 2007

Here I Am!

Hello, hello! No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I just got knocked upside of the head with a big rock.

Crisis-I went for a physical for the first time in about 14-15 years (Yeah, I know, not good) and within a week and a half I saw 2 other doctors, had lots of other tests and found out that I need to have surgery sometime next month. Yeah. That'll teach me. They found a mass in my abdomen. The tests and doctors all say that it seems likely that it's just a really big fibroid, but the word cancer came up and it scared the HELL out of me. Anyway, overall I'm pretty healthy so I'm not stressing so much anymore. The docs also said that I'll feel a lot better when it's out. Oh, and then my blood pressure was high. Gee, could it be from me thinking I was going to die???? Anyway, I'll keep you updated.

Work-One week until spring break. YAY! I'm pushing to get grading and grades done this weekend. I'm studying all the stuff I have to do for my ESL part of my job. Part of spring break will be spent on a writing retreat out of town with a friend. The other part will be spending time in my classroom planning for the last quarter and my 3 week sub. (Yeah, I'll be out of work with the surgery for 3 weeks--gee, all I'll be able to do is read and write. There's a positive in having surgery.)

Writing-Five weeks I've written at least 100 words a day. YAY! So far I've written 9,000 words. The interesting thing? I'm playing around with 3 stories. The main one I'm writing during the 100 words a day challenge is TCAFS, my next Scottish contemporary. Since the heroine of my other Scottish contemporary, ABR, has medical issues, I've started writing a bit more on that during the last 2 weeks. NOW I've got a craving for a good romantic suspense. PASSAGES (working title) is the suspense and the muse is drawing me to this one more and more. So I'm going with it. Whatever works, whatever keeps me writing. The thing is all 3 of these stories have about 100 pages of the rough draft so I could conceivably work on any one of them. BUT I think PASSAGES is the one with the most structured plot and character arcs.

Okay, I think I've given you enough to read for now. Thanks for sticking with me even when I'm not around!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* and prayers headed your way, hon. Hang in there!

Lexi said...

Thanks, Tori. I'll take all the good wishes I can get.

TJ Brown said...

Speaking of someone who had a mass in her brain that wasn't cancerous... it happens. Take care of you.
Teri

Lexi said...

Wow, Teri! That's amazing and good fortune that it wasn't cancerous. I'm finding out just how common these masses are. I'm doing well so far.

Vonda Sinclair said...

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hugs and prayers that all will be well with you. Take care!