Saturday, March 10, 2007

Gimme a V! Gimme an A! Gimme a C!

Ah, that'll take too long. I'm on VACATION! (Maybe now my blood pressure will come down and I'll be cleared for my surgery.)

My 6th grade did a play for the PTO meeting on Thursday. It went extremely well considering 4 of the 9 actors didn't show up. So we rearranged parts and recruited some responsible 7th graders to read parts. Yesterday several of the staff members went out for lunch after we got rid of the kids. I tell you, I work with some amazing people and I'm so fortunate to have them around me.

I finished putting my partial together for the agent who requested it from the Romancing the Tome contest. I'm off to mail it in a few minutes. I also started my agent hunt again. I intend to put together a bunch of queries and partials to mail out on Monday. It's been a good year I think since I've done this (since UCOD was in the running), but this time just feels right. This time around I'm confident that I will get an offer of representation from someone.

This weekend I plan to also type up all my handwritten notes on TCAFS (from my 100 words a day) so that I can print the story and take it with me on my 2 night/ 3day writing retreat later in the week. I'm so psyched for this! I did so well during my last retreat. I'm confident that this one will be just as productive.

Of course, I'm going to drag my butt into work this week too to start planning the last 10 weeks of school and to start preparing for my sub. But I don't intend to go in early or to stay late.

And then there is the gym. I went 3 days this week and LOVED it. Unfortunately I did something to my ankle because it was swollen and sore yesterday, so I won't be in the gym today. Then again, I could go swimming instead.

Ah well. It's wonderful just knowing I have all these options and no commitments! Have a great weekend and I PROMISE to blog a bit more this coming week.

1 comment:

Kelly Boyce said...

Hope you enjoy your vacation! I have an extra long weekend planned for over Easter and I can't wait!! I need some time off.