Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Feelin' Pretty Good

I finished reading Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred Taylor tonight. LOVED IT! Such a sobering way to explore the differences and the similarities between difference races. My only 2 regrets are that I don't have more time to teach this book as it should be taught and that I didn't read it sooner.

My 100 words a day challenge is now back to the short contemporary (TCAFS) and I absolutely LOVE the opening scenes that are flowing and coming together for me. I can already see and feel the conflicts this hero and heroine will have. I love them both, but they're going to drive me nuts. (And of course I will enjoy the ride!)

Just 3 more days before spring break! I can't tell you how excited I will be just to be out of the classroom for a week! Still, with my upcoming surgery, I think I'll miss the kids and being in the classroom too.

Oh, and speaking of health...I went to the gym today. Man, do I feel good! And just think. This is with the fibroid. Imagine how wonderful I'll feel when it's out and I've recovered enough to go back to the gym! I'll be a whole new woman!

How're you feeling?

7 comments:

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Good for you on the gym. I need to get back there.

And great job on the writing. Glad it's going well for you.

Lexi said...

Thanks, Kari! Over the headache, are you?

Bailey Stewart said...

I'll be thinking about you and the upcoming surgery.

I love it when I adore my characters - what a great zone to be in.

Kelly Boyce said...

I'm feeling nervous and excited about the documentary and my butt's sore because I ran for a half hour yesterday. And no, the cops weren't chasing me. THis is just practice for if they ever are. :-)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Bailey. I'll keep you updated on the timeline for surgery.

Kelly, you could think of it as practice for when your adoring fans mob you!

TJ Brown said...

tired. fat. but hey, I aint smoking. LOL
Teri

Lexi said...

Yes, Teri, no smoking! Bad, very bad for you. Good that you're not.