Saturday, March 31, 2007

Bad, Lexi!

Sorry it's taken me so long to blog. I fully intended to get BETTER about blogging. I promise to try again.

Updates- Monday I walked in the door from work to a message that I had to make an appointment for a renal ultrasound. Um, no one told me why so naturally, brilliant woman that I am, I decided to research on the Internet. BAD IDEA! Within five minutes I was sure I had kidney disease and would need a kidney transplant EVEN THOUGH I HAD NO PAIN OR PRESSURE OR ANY SYMPTOMS. So, I had that test Tuesday and had to wait all week to find out the results because the doctor who ordered it couldn't return my calls or tell me over the phone that it was routine. Friday I went back to the doctor's. Turns out my kidneys are fine, my heart's fine and my blood pressure is coming down. I'm almost cleared for my surgery. I'm in a good place now. I'm calm, happy and stress-free. Surgery is most likely going to be in the beginning of May and I'll miss the last 3 weeks of school, but I should be able to still go on my trips to Ireland and Scotland.

Work- In addition to all the medical stress, I had my busiest week with my ESL job. I loved it, but it did become a bit overwhelming for a day or two. Luckily we have another week before the deadline for all the paperwork, so I should be all set.

Merritt- With all the other crap going on around me, I completely forgot that I had to print my Merritt entry for the final round of judging. It's due to the coordinator by Tuesday. I sucked it up and sent it out today by Express mail. Man, that hurt. I'll be sure to stay on top of things so that doesn't happen again. That extra $10 could have been spent on a book or two for me to read instead of getting my own to the coordinator!

Plus side of doctors' visits- Over the last 6 weeks I've lost about 10 pounds, mostly from being terrified that something life-threatening would be wrong with one or more of my tests. I might actually make my goal weight by Nationals!

After the last doc's visit, I treated myself to a visit to the bookstore. I'm accumulating books that I know I'll enjoy during my recovery. I'm so psyched! I bought Lisa Gardner's Alone and Smart & Sexy by Jill Shalvis. Jill got the call last Sunday that she is a RITA finalist this year! I love her style of writing and pretty much everything I've read by her. She recently changed her website. Go check it out!

Okay, I'm off to relax a bit and have a cup of tea. Or do my 100 words. Yes, I'm still plugging away at my 100 words a day for 100 days. Today makes 9 weeks. Have a great rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* on the medical scare. I swear doctors' office go out of their way to scare their patients half to death. Or at least their office staff do. Drives me insane.