Saturday, February 16, 2008

Here I Am!

Hi, hi! Another busy week has ended and I got LOTS of catch-up sleep last night. Other things I've been doing:

I worked frantically yesterday afternoon and evening to get my entry ready for a contest. It's my first contest in at least 6 months AND my first suspense entry in over a year. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Also, with finishing the 1st chapter for that contest, I've gotten to a point where I feel confident about moving on with the story. I don't feel my writing will be time wasted and my outline/ loose plotting is finally a proper tool for me. Yay!

My challenges are going well. I've averaged at least 300 words every day this last week. Today I expect to get quite a bit done since it's cool and rainy and I don't want to go anywhere.

Work is work. 3 weeks until spring break. Did I tell you I'm going on a writing retreat for 2 nights during spring break? I'm very psyched already. I love the place and the friend I'm going with, so it'll be lots of fun! No TV, no phone, just good food, good drinks, good writing, good company. My friend and I don't really get to spend much time together. She's very busy! So we try to get away from our own lives at least once a year so we can catch up and hang out without the pressures of our own lives getting in the way.

This week I started judging my Golden Heart entries. I'm still on the first one, but by the end of the weekend I hope to have 3 of the 6 done. We'll see.

As for my progress meter...I'll update when I can. I've got about 4 handwritten pages I need to type up and then I've got today's words to do. I guarantee I'll have it updated by the time I go to bed tonight.

Update:
Total word count for Saturday- 789
Total Lenten charity amount- $6.10

No comments: