Sunday, May 04, 2008

It's Not Always Good To Be Queen

I claim the title Queen of Procrastination. Some may argue, but I'm pretty sure I have what it takes to reign.

For the Golden Acorn final round, I have the opportunity to revise my entry and synopsis. I have to send them to the coordinator by Monday, 5/12. Since I have a 3 day field trip this coming week, I decided I'd mail the contest entry on Monday, 5/5.

All last week I thought about my revisions. Saturday, 5/3 I got down to business and worked on revising the entry. Um, wow. I'd made a lot of changes since I sent this in originally. So much so that my first chapter is now an extra 2 pages. But I really love how the chapter ends, so cutting it short wasn't going to work. So I've been working steadily on this for 4 1/2 hours. I just finished. Yay.

Then I figured I'll knock out the synopsis revisions tomorrow. Um, I shouldn't have peeked right now because I'm a bit panicked about finishing on time. Yes, I have all of Sunday to work on it, but I'd planned to grade and do progress reports and read and visit the brother & his family. Yikes! Nothing like waiting until the last minute! (But hey, it's a deadline and I have every intention of meeting it.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the revisions! :)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Michelle. They're coming along.