Friday, May 02, 2008

I Am Sandra

Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality. No, not the beautiful Sandra. The BEFORE Vic Sandra.

I've still got whatever it is that started last Friday night. My ears are partially blocked and they seem to be taking turns working. I spend a lot of time trying to unblock them. I'm still sneezing and coughing (although not as much), my nose is stuffed up and no matter how much rest I get I'm still tired. So what does all this have to do with Sandra?

I had a professional development conference today for work so I got to wear jeans and a T-shirt (with my school's logo on it). After the conference was over, I decided to stop at the grocery store. When I got out of the car, I slammed the door shut with my foot. Then I put my purse strap over my head so that the purse fell diagonally across my chest and I adjusted my sunglasses. My hair, which is in desperate need of some life-support, flew around my face. As I walked toward the store, I thought, "Oh my God. I'm the ugly Gracie Lou Freebush!"

No comments: