Monday, August 18, 2008

It's 3 A.M. Here. Where Are You?

I should be sound asleep. I've been trying for a week to break myself of the habit of going to bed between 2 & 3 in the morning. I've just spent 3 hours lying in bed thinking about my story, my schedules (day job and writing), and my pen name. If I get less than 4 hours of sleep, I'm worse off than if I got none. So, when the clock closed in on 3, I decided to pull an all-nighter since I have to be up for work at 6:30. Maybe THAT will help break me of my summer bedtime schedule!

So now, I'm printing off a section of Danger to work on while I have a strong cup of tea and watch a Bourne movie. I'll check in with you later today and let you know how I managed through my first day of staff development for the 2008-2009 school year.

LATER THAT SAME DAY: It's hitting me now (4:15ish), but I'm going to try to stay up until 9 so I don't fall asleep now and wake up at 2 and start the whole vicious cycle over again. First day at work was relatively pain-free. Tomorrow we tackle all the Human Resources paperwork. All I can think about is Danger and when I'll be able to get back to it. Seriously, this has been the easiest story (so far) to write and it's by far the best piece of writing I've ever done. I'm so psyched! Okay, armed with a caffeine-loaded cup of tea, I'm heading back to Danger.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Still awake? It's 6:10 Central time.

Lexi said...

Yes, ma'am! I watched part of a British movie that I like (that happened to be on TV), had some breakfast and then watched choice scenes from the Bourne Ultimatum. Oh, I also wrote a bit, so now I'm typing that stuff up before I focus on getting ready for work.

Unknown said...

I got 8 hours and I'm tired. I can't imagine pulling an all nighter then going to work. You're a star!

TJ Brown said...

I was asleep until four. After seven hours in the car yesterday, you think I would have slept longer!
Teri

Kelly Boyce said...

Oiy, I could not function if I went to bed at that time. I'm usually crashing by 11 pm.

Lexi said...

Cat, I'm good with 6 1/2-7 hours a night.

Teri, 7 hours in a car? Yikes!

Kelly, 11 is when I get another wind (2nd? 3rd?).

Anonymous said...

So how much caffeine did you end up having? ;)

Lexi said...

Bonnie, I only had that cup and then I fell asleep!