Monday, August 11, 2008

Slacker, I Am

Yep, as far as writing goes I've been a slacker. I'd planned to get back to work today, even had a written schedule of my day's activities starting at 7:30 this morning. When I woke up at 10 because I forgot to set the alarm correctly (I'd put 7:30 PM instead of AM), the whole day's events got turned around. So I did no writing today (yet) and I spent most of the day on the couch with Jude Deveraux's The Summerhouse.

The Summerhouse is an excellent story about 3 women who are about to turn 40 and are completely unhappy with their lives. The book is about the women getting a chance to "redo" their lives, rediscover themselves and get their happily-ever-afters. My thought as I closed the book when I finished? Why can't I have that???? (Although, I've got a pretty good life, so there's not much I'd want to change.)

Okay, going back to the writing: I've been putting off starting the revisions and I really don't know why. I know what needs to be done and I know that as a writer I have to write even when I don't want to. So, I figured if I changed the progress meter to show that I've been a big slacker and have NOTHING done yet on the 3rd draft, then maybe I'll guilt myself into starting. I'll let you know if it works.

No comments: