Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ready For Round 2

Today I played with revision ideas and WOW!!! I went through section by section in my head and jotted notes about what the heroine's conflict was and how I could relate it/show it in each of the key scenes. The hero is more well-defined so I'm not as concerned about him. I ended up going through the entire novel and recognizing the heroine's attitude at each key scene, how she gets there (emotionally) and how it propels her to the next scene. I'm SUPER excited to put it all together and make it work in the final draft! After so many years of focusing entirely on the suspense elements of my stories, I feel like I FINALLY understand the importance and delivery of internal conflict and the unfolding of the romance.

Oh, and my "high" has almost made believe I can write the 1600+ words a day required in November to finish a brand new suspense during NaNoWriMo.

2 comments:

Cindy Procter-King said...

Way to go. I'm brainstorming revisions for a manuscript, and just when I think I have it I hit another road block.

It will come. But it's taking longer than I would like. Lotsa research involved.

Lexi said...

Well, this story was "finished" 2 years ago. It's now getting ANOTHER makeover. And it's coming along extremely well, if I say so myself!

Good luck with your revisions, Cindy!