Saturday, September 05, 2009

Whoo-hoooooooo!


Dance Away, Danger is D-O-N-E! I'm printing it out as I type, and unless there's a crisis at the post office tomorrow, my manuscript will be on its way to the requesting editor! Saturday will be spent celebrating, debriefing and gearing myself up to switch over to the revisions on my requested Scottish short contemporary.

Now, here's the important part. Danger is very near and dear to my heart. I've been working on this book on and off for at least FIFTEEN months. I've learned some very valuable writing lessons with this story and I know this is the best story I've written. (I tend to say that with every book, but it's always true! I learn and incorporate so much with each one.) So, to celebrate finishing and sending my story off (and FINALLY being able to move on), I'm running a contest! Leave me a comment on this post and you'll be in the running for some free books (remember, I just moved so I have TONS of books to get rid of!) and another little treat! Writers, share something about your last submission and how you felt through that experience. Readers, feel free to tell us about how you felt when you accomplished something really important to you. I'll take comments until midnight next Friday (September 11).

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Kerry Blaisdell said...

Huge congrats (and I'm not just saying that to enter your contest ;?))! That's awesome! Fingers way-way crossed for you, as always! We're going to see this puppy in print soon, I just know it!

Lexi said...

Thanks, Kerensa! But what about you and your writing?

Shari said...

Congrats, Lexi! I love that feeling. I'm still working on my own revisions and trying to get them done - 193 pages to go! But tonight I'm watching the Longhorns kick off their season. Hook 'em!

Lexi said...

Thanks, Shari! Good luck with your revisions. And Hook 'em, Horns!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!!! Congrats, Lexi!!

Lexi said...

Thanks, RBN!