Saturday, May 01, 2010

For My Dad- 13 Years Gone

In memory of Robert John Keach, Jr.
November 16, 1942-May 1, 1997

Remembering You
Your time on earth seemed all too brief
because I wanted you in my life forever.
And although I really miss you,
in my heart I know that you are at peace.
Still, countless times throughout the day
I find myself remembering you.
Although I cannot see or hear you,
I know that you are with me.
I'll feel you in the warmth of the summer sun.
I'll see you in the brilliance of autumn leaves.
You'll be beside me in the peacefulness of a gentle snowfall
and rejoice with me at the emergence
of the first flowers of spring.
I'm thankful for the times we shared
and the priceless memories too;
for those memories are a comfort now when I lovingly -
Remember You.
(from poetrygift.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely poem to post in honor of your dad. My condolences on your loss, Lexi.