Saturday, October 13, 2007

Gone & Done It

I entered the RWA Golden Heart contest. I kept going back and forth about it because my stories are traditional romances and I'm worried how TCAFS will make out in the Series Contemporary category. But my friend Jenna reminded me that a story well told is a story well told regardless whether it's targeted to Blaze, Presents, Desire or Harlequin Romance. Of course, she's right. So I took the plunge and filled out the entry form online. Guess I better get back to the book and start on my revisions.

Challenges:
The students have 10 more days. I have 60 on my 100 words a day for 100 days challenge. I have 19 more days (including today) on my 301 words a day for 31 days challenge with my local Austin RWA group.

I've got so many characters fighting for time my head is spinning. Literally I've written scenes for 6 different couples since my challenges started. I'm not so freaked out about it anymore like I was when it first started. I was so overwhelmed, but Caitlin (my muse, remember?) has calmed me. She's given me permission to write whatever comes into my crazy head with the understanding that TCAFS MUST come first with regard to focusing. Then she also assured me that even as I write several scenes with several different characters, one couple will take charge after a while and they will be my next super couple. Caitlin has been very good for me (well, when I choose to listen to her!). I can't help thinking that she's preparing me for another step in my journey. What that step is, I haven't a clue, but I think I'll keep listening to her and doing what I'm told.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

congrats, on jumping out there! All you can do is give it your best shot and say you tried. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo on entering the Golden Heart, Lexi!!! :)

Lexi said...

Thanks, ladies!

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Good for you for entering the GH! After a similar back-and-forth in my own head, I entered too. Haven't done so in years. :) Let's both final this time.

Lexi said...

Catherine, oh wouldn't that be AWESOME???