Thursday, February 12, 2009

An A-Ha Couple Of Days

Tuesday: My local Austin RWA meeting. Lots of fun, lots of chocolate, lots of Newcastle Brown Ales. We had in a woman who works in an ER who told us all about writers who write medical stuff incorrectly. I'm very fortunate to have my very own nurse to contact when I have medical questions. She's my friend Laura Iding and she's AWESOME! I forget how we exactly met. I know it was online and I think I'd put a medical question to one of my loops and she answered. We've kept in touch ever since and even managed to meet at the last Dallas Nationals.

Wednesday: The day job is a little too intense and if I let it, it will swallow me whole. Must work to avoid that. Actually, I took some steps to combat the fatigue I'm feeling and to influence how "things" are run next school year. I thought long and hard before I opened my mouth (I'm really good about doing that) and I'm quite happy with my decision to voice my opinion. We'll see how it's received in the coming weeks.

Thursday: Long day. Short on academics. Long on candy and Valentine's excitement. I skipped lunch and dinner and...ate chocolate. Even my kids were surprised with how much candy I ate and they were all telling me I'd be feeling sick tonight and tomorrow. (I think they might be right!) We had our Valentine's dance tonight and I stayed for the whole thing. It was cute, but I'm exhausted and I didn't get home until 9:15. And now I've got to go to bed so I can get up and be back there at 8 A.M. Ah, yes, but at least tomorrow's Friday!

Weekend plans: Grading, grading, more grading. Tons of work to prepare for parent conferences Monday. Also got a training video I have to watch for the ESL part of my job. Oh yeah, and I'm planning on finishing Fractured Paradise's contest entry and then get back to Broken Promises.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely take as much of a step back from the work as you can. I've taken up telling myself over and over again, "I am not my job. I am not my job. It's problems are not my problems."

Good luck catching up on everything this weekend, and I hope the Valentines candy doesn't get the best of you. (It's already too late for me. *Sigh*)