Sunday, February 08, 2009

And So It Goes...

I finished reading and judging the Golden Heart entries I had. It never fails, I always learn something when I judge. This time I realized how important it is for the reader to connect with the characters. You can have the best plot in the world, but if your reader doesn't care about your main characters, she won't care about the intriguing plot you've crafted. Anyway, I ended up with a couple of really outstanding entries. I hope at least one of them manages to final!

I don't think I'm going to make my goal of writing a chapter of something this month (for my local RWA group meeting on Tuesday). I've been trying on the new suspense, but it feels forced now and I don't ever want to force myself to write when it's not working.

I mailed off my GOTCHA revised entry to the coordinator. Once she gets all of the winners' entries in, she'll mail them off to the editor! Then it's back to the waiting game.

I've got a few contest entries to work on in the next few weeks in between day job work. 5 weeks until spring break!

My grandfather's in the nursing home again and they brought in hospice. We have a DNR order on file now and the doctors say it could be up to 6 months. Who knows? He's refusing to eat and refusing his meds. When I talk to him, he doesn't make much sense. One day at a time, right?

1 comment:

Kelly Boyce said...

I finished mine too. It was hard going for part of it, but you're right, there's always something to learn.