Monday, February 16, 2009

Life Goes On

Well, like Kelly said in the comments to my last post, my grandfather isn't ready to die! Hey, I'm all for that as long as he's not in pain. In the meantime, I'm living my life, doing what I have to, but he's never far from my thoughts. I'll try not to bore you with all the details. It's just hard when I feel so isolated when the rest of the family is in RI.

I'm almost done revising part of Fractured Paradise so I can enter it in a contest. It's been a couple of years since I worked on this one (or even read it for fun) and I'm loving it. I'm incorporating the craft elements I've learned since its first draft and I'm so excited to revisit my fictional Scottish village. My CP is quite pleased with my decision to revise this story because she believes it has untapped potential. I think she's right! I thought briefly about making it a suspense, but my heart and my muse (not to mention the characters!) say it needs to remain a short contemporary. I just want it to be the best story it can be.

And wouldn't you know it? Right when I get excited about revising Fractured Paradise, I start getting those warm and fuzzy feelings for Broken Promises! I've already promised myself to start cleaning up the 1st chapter this week for a contest, but after that I was going to focus all my energy on my Scottish contemporary. Now I'm thinking I might have to revisit that plan. Somehow I don't think my suspense hero and heroine will allow me to abandon them totally over the next few months. We'll see what sort of compromise we can come up with.

No comments: