Saturday, February 21, 2009

Checkin' In

Had to work late 2 nights this week. Had to work 4 hours this morning. Got work to do at home tomorrow.

I was depressed yesterday after work so I went to the bookstore. Not that I need any books, but I wanted some new ones to add to my TBR pile. I picked up Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis and Highland Warrior by Monica McCarty. Both of these authors are automatic buys for me.

As for writing, I managed to get Fractured Paradise off for that contest. I was supposed to then switch my energies to 2 more contest entries, but I haven't been in the frame of mind to do much more than a page or two. I've been sleeping a lot instead.

Today I picked up Tracy Wolff's book again. Since I've had it on the sidebar for weeks, I figured it was time to go back to it. Naturally I got lost in the world Tracy created and I'm loving it.

My grandfather slipped back into unconsciousness last Wednesday and hasn't come out of it since. Mom and I had a long chat today. It was good for both of us, I think.

That's all the news I have. What about you?

1 comment:

Shari said...

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, Lex. I'm glad you had a nice talk with your mom. I went to Borders Saturday to spend a gift card and spent twice as much! Books always cheer me up, too. Otherwise, I'm just writing for the ARWA challenge and pretty proud of how much progress I'm making!