Sunday, June 20, 2010

First Impressions Of Mexico

I'm here, safe and sound! I pulled an all-nighter last night because I was so excited. Plus, the airport shuttle picked me up just after 4 a.m. I had the deer in the headlights look for quite I while as I navigated my way through customs and immigration on the Mexican side of the journey. But my driver was there and we, along with one other school passenger, had a wonderfully beautiful ride to Cuernavaca.

Once here, I met my "landlord" for the next 4 weeks, a nice woman with 2 young girls. The home is lovely, although a lot smaller than we Americans are used to. Still, it's clean, comfortable and inviting. Plus, I can sit outside in the garden to enjoy my days or struggle with the language! The lady and one of her daughters does speak some Enlish too, so I'm not COMPLETELY lost like I was at the airport.

Tomorrow starts my day at the school, bright and early at 8. Luckily, the school is only a five minute walk from here although I do have to walk up one humongo hill!

I promise pictures just as soon as I get my bearings (sp?) straight. For now, I'm off to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your piccies!

Cindy Procter-King said...

Oops, didn't mean to leave an anonymous comment. That was me.

Kelly Boyce said...

Sounds fantastic! Can't wait to hear more and see some pixs.