Saturday, June 19, 2010

Shifting Focus

Well, tomorrow I hop a plane to Mexico for my month-long Spanish immersion experience. I will be writing about it here in detail as well as on my Examiner page. In fact, I've published my 1st Mexico article already: A Texan Set Loose in Mexico. Click here to go and read it! I finally broke down and bought a digital camera so I can share pics with you in a timely fashion instead of 6 months later! The school I'm attending has wifi and I'm taking my laptop so I'll be in touch. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!

Lexi said...

Thanks, Bonnie! I guess I should think about packing, huh?

Cindy Procter-King said...

Have fun! We knew zero Spanish before Peru. My dh stole my phrase book and jumped right in. For some reason, I was better at translating what people said to us (we think because I have high school French). But the dh was better at the speaking. We made a good team.

Lexi said...

Yeah, my high school French does come up when I try to think of some simple Spanish words & phrases. I thought about taking a month-long French immersion class next summer!