Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy 2007!

Welcome to a brand new year of fun and excitement, of deadlines and fresh new manuscripts, of queries and synopses. I hope you have a productive year no matter what that looks like to you!

For me, I intend to take my approach to my writing up another notch. I've already been considering myself a professional for a few years now, but 2007 brings a much more intense approach. I've got several things "in the fire" as we speak. Next week I intend to add 11-13 more. Now, these can be contest entries, WIP, agent/ editor queries, requests, etc. I hope to finish BR and get started on the next book as well. I will probably have a website by the end of this year. I'm going to Nationals, creating my business cards, putting a business plan together. This summer I'm heading to the village that inspired my current stories, Glenfinnan, Scotland, to do more research. I started another 100 words a day challenge without my local RWA group. So far I'm on day 10 and I'm rockin'! I've plotted and plotted my new book and I'm reading to help me reseach the markets AND to improve my skills. I intend to venture out on more blogs and websites and mingle with more people.

And I thank you for coming along on the ride with me! So raise your glass (okay, so it's a few days late!) and join me in toasting the year that will bring us good fortune, good friends and good fun!

3 comments:

Nita Wick said...

Good luck on those goals, Chris! I went to the RWA National conference this past summer in Atlanta. It was so totally awesome! I want to go again this summer, but it's unlikely I'll be able to do it again so soon. The one in 2010 is in Nashville. I'll definitely be there. No plane tickets required. :)

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Good luck. I've never been to nationals. I go to New Jersey and New England, but I hope to make nationals one of these times. Hopefully soon.

TJ Brown said...

Have fun at nationals. I am going to miss another year. Sigh. Keep waiting for some fiction money to come in before I spend a bunch of money on fiction. But will be at the San Fran one no problem. Airfare is el cheapo for me here in Portland!

COngrats on kicking your writing up a notch! May 2007 be your blessed year!
Teri