Thursday, January 11, 2007

No, I Haven't Disappeared

My mom had a cold before I left RI last week. I got it when I got home. Been sick since and then the allergies attacked.

Work started again with staff development on Monday and the kids came back Tuesday. 85 school days until summer break.

Got a rejection from an editor who'd requested UCOD from a contest. She says good things about my writing, BUT she believes my story is 100% a category RS.

Why did I agree to judge GH? I find myself so badly wanting to comment, to offer my opinion and advice. Then there's the whole "how do I assign a number for this" question. What was I thinking when I agreed to do this?

100 words a day challenge stopped when I got sick. I managed 2 weeks. No time or energy to continue right now. I'm focusing on GH entries and the spring duties of the day job.

More at the weekend. I hope all is well in your world, writing and otherwise!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* on both the cold and the rejection.

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Big, big hugs to you and hope you feel better.

Lexi said...

Things are starting to look up...just a little. Thanks!

Nita Wick said...

Sending hugs and best wishes for a quick end to the cold and allergy.

Sorry about the R. But really, what's wrong with being told UCOD is category? LOTS of big name authors got there start in category. And she said good things. So why not use pursue it? I think you should target Silhouette. From what I understand, their Intimate Moments line has just been renamed to Silhoutte Romantic Suspense. This may be just the break you've been waiting for!

Go for it, Chris!

JT said...

Sorry about the reject. Keep plugging away.

The nice thing about the GH is that you don't have to comment. As far as assigning a number, that is the simple part. Either it's excellent, just okay, or needs lots of work.

Lexi said...

Nita, you're right. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being told UCOD is category. My reason for being upset is that another H/S editor already rejected it.

Hey, Jennifer! Thanks for stopping by. I see your name on a lot of the blogs I hop around. You're right. Once I actually started reading through the GH entries, I realized how freeing it is to be able to just assign a number.