Wednesday, January 17, 2007

What's Up?

1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM! Apparently she reached a certain age and started counting backward.

2. I haven't been out of the house since Saturday. It's Wednesday, people. There's ice everywhere and even snow in some spots. The city is shut down. Still.

3. I'm going to Ireland! I'm booked on a 9 day tour in June. I've wanted to go for so long and now it's going to happen! After Ireland, I'll be heading to Scotland as well. I haven't booked that part yet since I'm not sure where I want to spend my time-in Edinburgh or in Glenfinnan, the inspiration for my fictional village. Or both.

4. I've added a few new links on the sidebar. Some illustrator friends who are amazing, some Celtic Hearts writers who rock. Also, here's a plug. Go to Michelle Willingham's blog and check out the cover of her first Harlequin Historical coming out in May.

Well, I suppose I could make good use of this bad weather day and actually get some writing related activities done. Maybe.

7 comments:

Nita Wick said...

I can't help but be jealous. Ireland and Scotland?!!!

Oh, and the snow... I am such a homebody. It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit to be snowed in for week. LOL As long as there's plenty of coffee and/or hot chocolate to go along with a good book. I might even be able to go two weeks without leaving the house. :) Send some of that weather my way!

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Oh my god, that sounds like such a great trip!!! *sigh* Well, I'll be jealous come June...

Sorry you haven't been getting much writing done w/ the snow break. Hmm. Maybe you're refilling the well. Yeah, that's it. Refilling the well. :)

Lexi said...

Nita, you can have ALL of this wet weather! We're sick of it.

Catherine, I love the "refilling the well" idea.

As for the trip, I'll take lots of pictures and I'll even learn how to post them on the blog!

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Very nice. Good for you. I'd love a trip like that!!!! Sigh, someday.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous about your trip!

And isn't Michelle's cover awesome? I just love it!!!

Bailey Stewart said...

You're going to Ireland? *sobbing* I want to go to Ireland.

I was literally trapped in the house on Monday and Wednesday. Tuesday it cleared up of course. Now they're saying a possibility of more on the weekend.

Vonda Sinclair said...

Mmmm, Ireland!! You must post photos!!! I am supposed to go to Scotland. (Keeping fingers crossed.) Must get everything booked.