Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tagged

Thanks, Nita.

1. Grab the book closest to you.
DONE

2. Go to page 123. Look down to the 5th sentence.
DONE

3. Post the text of the next three sentences in your blog.
"I'll catch you at the Cinq, Mag." And he disconnected, damn it. I unclenched my jaw, reminding myself that if I had the right to run around Scotland on my own without him complaining, he had the right to choose when to eat.

4. Include the title and the author’s name.
This is from Seventh Key (The Madonna Key) by Evelyn Vaughn. Oh! I just bought this tonight and realized that at least page 123 happens in Scotland! How cool. I can't wait to read it. But I digress...

5. Tag three people.
If you've read this far and you haven't done this yet, consider yourself tagged.

8 comments:

Nita Wick said...

Wow. A Silhouette Bombshell, huh? And looking at the excerpt posted on Amazon, I see it's written in first person.

There are only two reviews for it, but both gave it 5 stars. Sounds like a good one!

Thanks for playing along. :)

Bailey Stewart said...

Okay, sometime next week I'll do this. I have to finish the mystery first or I'm toast.

Kerry Blaisdell said...

LOL! Does the tag count me, who just bopped over to say howdy, and that I do understand your point on the detailed rejection letters. :) (I was mainly talking about the comments I got from folks who seriously belong to the "how high" club. As in, Ms. Agent says "Jump!" and the writer says... ;))

Anyway, I'll do the tag tomorrow. Cheers!

Lexi said...

Nita, I LOVE Evelyn Vaughn's books. I've read every Bombshell she's written. She is awesome.

I'll be on the lookout, Bailey.

I'll pop back across the blog world and keep check on you, Kerry, especially after your awesome request!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Okay, call me stupid. What's the point of this? Are we supposed to see a pattern on pg 123 of all books?

Lexi said...

No, Elisabeth, we won't call you stupid. And no, I don't think there's a pattern or a point to it other than choosing a random page and seeing what people are reading.

Of course, maybe I'm stupid too and I'm completely wrong...

Camille Alexa said...

Argh. I just skipped over here from Catherine's blog to say hi to Lexi, and this happened to be the first post I read (why? isn't it a couple weeks old? I don't know...)

So I'm tagged, and here it is;

Would Tyron think it worth the investment, to buy the loyalty and obligation of an experienced soldier, himself in turn commanding the loyalty and service of the men under his sponsorship, all settled in a remote and troublesome area of the colony?
I would myself have called the prospect cheap, at the cost of a hundred pounds and a few measly acres of the King's land. His Majesty had quite a lot of it, after all.


Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon

Lexi said...

Little Bird, Outlander changed my life in a wonderfully positive way. It's one of the things that got me writing toward publication. Fiery Cross was the last Gabaldon I read. I just didn't feel the same amount of love as I did during Outlander.

You?