Monday, January 15, 2007

Texans and Winter Weather

We're due for some ice over the next couple of days. I'm not going anywhere. Since they don't put up with this weather on a regular basis, Texans have no idea how to behave with ice, sleet and snow. The best place for any of us is in front of the fire with a good book.

I've done nothing on my own manuscript (ABR) since my cold/flu/allergy attack. I've worked a little on stuff for my CP and I've been reading Julie Garwood's Mercy. Other things should be happening-like me cleaning my office, bedroom, bathroom, or actually taking down the Christmas tree-but I can't seem to put the book down long enough to get anything else done. I do plan to enter another contest in the next week and then maybe I'll start those agent queries I keep meaning to send. Eventually I'll get back to writing ABR. If things go the way the weather guys keep saying, I may have Tuesday off to work on that.

Wherever you are I hope you stay warm and dry. And if you live in Texas, STAY INSIDE! Do not attempt to drive around tomorrow (or Tuesday, it seems). Icy roads are dangerous!

5 comments:

Kelly Boyce said...

Here's some advice from the Canucks - drive slow, and turn into the slide, not away from it. Or stay inside by the fire and read a book. I like the second idea better. We're supposed to get snow and freezing rain tonight. Ugh.

Bailey Stewart said...

Oh Kelly, it's not us, it's the other drivers.

Possibility of more snow on Wednesday - snow would be okay, but this ice - yuck. Thankfully, I don't have to go anywhere today. This cold/sinus thing I have precludes me from doing anything anyway.

Fort Worth got it worse then we did.

Hopefully, it will be fine by Tuesday for both of us.

Nita Wick said...

So did you get an extra day off? I tend to feel a lot differently about winter weather when it gives me a day off from work. LOL

TJ Brown said...

We are supposed to get some snow and freezing rain today... I'll believe it when I see it. Stay warm!
Teri

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Crappy weather all around. And sick kids. Not fun.