Saturday, January 20, 2007

Welcome To My New World!

No, nothing drastic has happened to my writing career. I've just been doing some serious soul searching about my writing career and it felt like the right time to make some changes.

Taking my cue from Bailey Stewart, I decided to switch to the name I hope to use when I start getting published. The name is special to me because it represents characters I love that first introduced me to the Scotland I know and love today.

In the coming months I'll be focusing more on my day job. Because I want to build a "presence" within that community as well, I decided I want my writing life and my private life to be separated a little. (Don't worry. If you know me as Chris, I'll still answer you!)

I expect good things for my writing career in 2007 and this change feels like a step in the right direction.

Now, though, I really should get back to the writing otherwise nothing will happen!

11 comments:

Bailey Stewart said...

Congratulations! It's a big step when you decide to go by the nom de plume. And it also takes some getting used to. I still respond to Eve, but I prefer Bailey on-line. I also set up a separate email account for Bailey - personal email still goes through my regular account though. Some people get confused and duplicate me to both of the addresses. *gg*

Lexi said...

Thanks, Bailey! Now my next step is to learn how to post pictures. Ugh! Technology is a never-ending battle for me!

Nita Wick said...

Cool pen name. I changed your link on my blog. I had to. That's how I get to your blog without having to remember the address. :)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Nita. I know, that's how I get to your blog as well!

Anonymous said...

Love the new name and the new blog, Lexi! :)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Tori! I still smile everytime I see Lexi Connor or someone addresses me that way. It's just a minor adjustment and yet it has so much potential, so many implications.

Anonymous said...

I think it does make a difference. You start to become the author, and it helps you focus. Good luck on the writing!

Lexi said...

Michelle, it already feels different...and yet, it feels exactly the same.

Anonymous said...

I think the name is awesome! :)

Bailey Stewart said...

So Lexi, are you still smiling? :)

Lexi said...

Heehee, I'm still as giddy as a teenager in love!