Monday, January 22, 2007

Shhh. Don't Tell...

...but I'm procrastinating. I'm sure I could make it an Olympic sport and yours truly would win the gold. After all those wonderful ideas floating through my head on Friday, I haven't written anything.

So, then I moved on and overhauled the blog. I love it, but when it was done I still didn't write anything.

Then last night, I decided to register my domain names for that website I keep promising myself. (I registered my pen name and my real name just in case.) As for the actual website, there's no immediate plan for getting that up and running.

After registering the names, I couldn't fall asleep and so I thought of another plan of action. When I become published, I know I'll have deadlines and I'll HAVE to write even when I don't feel like it. So, my brilliant idea from the wee hours of the morning is this. Write on all three books at once!

Okay, don't yell at me. I don't mean to actually try to write 3 books at once. I'm crazy, not stupid! I think I'm just overwhelmed because I have FP (which is finished and should be sent out in queries by now, so it doesn't even count in the writing aspect!), 2 more Scottish contemps (really rough drafts for both are halfway written) and then there's the poor, lonely suspense, RR sitting on the sidelines just waiting for a chance.

So the brilliant plan is to spend about a week writing on each one for half an hour each day. (FP will get a 1/2 hour of query letters or "final reading" time.) 30 minutes isn't too long to work on a story. Then I figure one of the stories will grab me and will move to the head of the pack. Great plan, huh?

So, why am I not writing yet?

3 comments:

Bailey Stewart said...

Louis L'Amour worked on 5 different stories at the same time. He had 5 word processors set up and he'd go from one to the other.

No?

Honestly, it's fine to work on a couple of projects at the same time. Good luck.

And I won't tell anybody that you're procrastinating if you won't tell them that I am too.

Anonymous said...

I'm procrastinating. I'm sure I could make it an Olympic sport and yours truly would win the gold

Oh, I don't know.... I'm pretty sure I could give you some heavy competition. *g*

What Bailey said about the writing. Go for it! We won't yell at you. I have no room to point fingers, anyway. :)

Nita Wick said...

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

Sometimes characters from one story plague me when I really would rather be working on another. For me, it's easier to write for the ones that are demanding the attention at the time.