Monday, June 02, 2008

OMG! Why Are We Still In School????

No one wants to be at school anymore. We packed, cleaned, counted books. Kids are talking back, being lazy and just irritating me!!! I thought it was me this morning, but at lunch time some of the other teachers complained of the same things. Then again at dismissal other teachers made similar comments. All this and I volunteered to tutor every day for 3 weeks starting next week??? Okay, yes, I'm getting paid for that, but still...what was I thinking????

By the time I got home tonight after having a meeting at school, doing some shopping for my party with the kids who wrote for the 50 words a day for 50 days challenge, and mailing a priority package, it was 6:30. I took a phone call, had some dinner and then read a chapter. I could go to bed now. So there's been NOTHING done on Danger today. And I don't know what I'll get accomplished tomorrow since I promised to go to the Kindergarten graduation. I've been 6 out of the 7 years I've been at this school. I skipped last year because I was recovering from surgery.

Man, I hope tomorrow is better...

4 comments:

Shari said...

Hang in there! I'm impressed with your tutoring and writing challenges with your kids. KUDOS!

Lexi said...

Thanks, Shari! All I want right now is to sleep late, veg out and watch stupid TV.

Avery Beck said...

Yeah, something about going to school in June just doesn't seem right. I never had a school day in June. Of course, when my kids are in school, I'll be hoping they have plenty of them... ;-)

Lexi said...

Avery, as a student (in RI) we always started school after Labor Day and ended in the 3rd week of June. As a teacher, I've always started in August and gotten out the last week of May.