Sunday, June 01, 2008

Danger

Caitlin returned this afternoon and she and I have been hard at work since. We worked for a while on a new contest entry and then decided to tackle Danger. Come to find out part of my reason for not writing was I didn't want to change something Caitlin knew I had to change. In order for the book to work, I had to listen to my muse. When I refused, that's when she went AWOL. Today, I finally understood and accepted the reasons why I had to change that scene and now the chapter is better! So even though it's 12:30 on Saturday night, I'm going to continue playing with my manuscript. I'm hoping to get chapter 2 revised enough to send to my critique partner by Sunday night.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny about those muses. They really get their nose out of joint if you don't listen to them. And it bugs me that they're always right. Glad to hear you're on a roll. Schools almost out for summer for you. I expect the pace will really begin to pick up then.

Lexi said...

Thanks, Cat. Yeah, I expect my pace to definitely pick up. Once again I've found the joy in writing.

Anonymous said...

Gumdroppy!

(Translation: Way to go)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Cindy!