Sunday, June 08, 2008

Things To Do Instead of Writing

1. Surf the net (blogs, websites, online shopping, you name it)
2. Surf the net even for all those blogs and websites you hardly ever visit
3. Watch the same TV show over and over
4. Think about how much of a slacker you've become
5. Make a zillion cups of tea to drink while watching TV
6. Watch shows you've taped
7. Watch DVD of old shows you loved (hey, the DVD needs to be returned soon)
8. Decide you can't go to the gym because of some strained muscle in your leg
9. Think about how awesome chapters 1 & 3 are of your manuscript
10. Eat (but only stuff with few Weight Watcher points)
11. Finish that report for the day job that was due last week
12. Read someone else's awesome work
13. Watch back-to-back soccer games

14 comments:

Jessica Burkhart said...

I'm with you on 1-3! :)

Lexi said...

Isn't it so sad, Jessica?

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on #9. I'm lovin' WW so far. I'm so glad I'm not a fan of lemon/lime cake so I didnt' have to waste any points eating it last night. :)

Travis Erwin said...

What about Chapter 2?

Anonymous said...

Great list, Lexi!

Lexi said...

Yes, Courtney. Thanks for reminding me how I went off my diet yesterday! :)~

Lexi said...

Travis, I HATE chapter 2. I keep thinking I can salvage it, but I'm ready to just throw it away.

Lexi said...

Tori, I'm sure I can add a few more things to it before the day is done!

Avery Beck said...

And let's not forget *thinking* about writing, so we don't have to feel guilty for not working, because, um, it's close enough. Right? :-)

Lexi said...

Hey, yeah, Avery! That sounds perfect!

michellewillingham said...

Hang in there! Now go write! :)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Michelle. I've managed a little bit at a time all afternoon & evening. It's coming.

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like your muse was hard at work and just not willing to let you in on everything yet. I get that a lot from my muse. It can be very frustrating. But if you can accept that a part of your mind IS working, it's easier to take. Judging by your following blog posts, you wound up getting a lot done. So that wasted time wasn't really wasted. It was just your subc/muse working and not letting you know.

Lexi said...

That's AWESOME advice, Cindy! And yes, I really need to trust my muse more and let her work her magic.