Saturday, November 10, 2007

Can I Just Say...?

You guys are the BEST! Thanks to those of you who left uplifting comments on my last post, my post about breaking away from my current Scottish contemporary. I expected some support, but not as much as I got! So, THANKS!

Life has been good these past few days. I'm still doing the 100 words a day challenge and always writing more than 100. I finished one book and started reading another. I've allowed my inner child to play. As I've begun playing around more seriously with my suspense ideas, I've worked hard to include all the pieces to the puzzle that I need in the beginning: a good hook, a hot hero, a not-too-stupid-to-live heroine, clearly defined internal and external conflicts. One sentence at a time. One page at a time. I'm having fun with it for now. We'll see where it goes. For now, this one is called Dance Away, Danger.

I spent the day tailgating for the final home game of my Texas Longhorns. (They won!) Now I'm off to write my words, maybe watch a little TV and then continue reading. Tomorrow I have to go in to work for a few hours. I could probably get away with NOT going in, but I'm thinking a couple serious hours grading papers, planning and organizing might make life easier over the next couple of weeks.

Have a good rest of the weekend!

No comments: