Monday, November 12, 2007

There's Evil Around Me

And danger in my head. Um, well, danger for my characters in my head. No, my characters are in my head and they're facing danger. Yeah, that works.

I've been playing around with my suspense ideas, and I'm having a LOT of fun with them. I'm relaxed and feeling no pressure. When I start to think about the contemps or about other suspenses that are floating around in my mind, I remind myself to concentrate on one story at a time. Nothing else matters right now except the one I'm working on.

So, yeah, all is going well in the new suspense. The heroine is terrified, the hero's trying to figure out what's going on and they're both trying to accept the death they're sure will be confirmed soon.

I think part of my success has to do with my current inspiration. I know that Kelly Boyce has a thing for Christian Bale and she puts pictures of him on her blog whenever she can. My best friend has a Vin Diesel fettish. (I admit, I like Vin Diesel too, but for me it goes in cycles with him.) Lately for me it's been 2 actors. One is Scott Elrod who plays Cash on Men In Trees. I LOVE him!! My other one, who actually started me on this suspense path a while back, is Matt Damon. And not the Ocean's Matt Damon or the Good Will Hunting Matt Damon. For me, it's the Jason Bourne Matt Damon. I've always been a fan of Damon, but my favorite role of his is Bourne without a doubt. I think when The Bourne Ultimatum came out is when the seeds of this new suspense were planted.

So, do any of you have actor inspirations for your characters that you'd like to share?

10 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Right now, I'm hot for Alex O'Loughlin who plays Mick St. John on the show, Moonlight. He's a hot vampire P.I. Mmmm...

Lexi said...

Kristen, is he the main character? Is he the one on the commercials? He's cute! What a wonderful world where we have so many hot guys!!! Now I just need to find them around my neck of the woods...

Crystal said...

I have to agree with your BFF, Vin Diesel is HOT! Also I have to say that in the movie Troy, Brad Pitt also was a hottie;0)

Lexi said...

Ah, Crystal, Brad Pitt is my #1-goes without saying. I love him in everything and ESPECIALLY in Troy!

Unknown said...

There are actors I love to watch: Daniel Craig as Bond comes to mind. I have a thing for biceps: Mark Walberg. Those appeal to my hormones. I also love really intense: Bruce Willis, Matt Damon as Bourne. Others: Vin Diesel as XXX, Christian Bale as Batman, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Wait--I'm having a hot flash.

I also like characters that appeal to my head: House and Charlie Crews, the detective from NBC's Life. I probably wouldn't get romantically involved with either one, but they sure would keep you entertained. And at my age, entertained is what I'd need to be.

Lexi said...

Oh, Cat, I forgot about Walberg! I LOVED him in Shooter! I watched that on the way home from Scotland. I liked it so much, I watched it again on the flight and then I went out and bought it when I got home.

I'm a biceps girl, too!

Anonymous said...

Yay that you're having fun with your suspense idea, Lexi! :)

Bailey Stewart said...

One of my heroes is George Clooney, the other is Hugh Jackman and the third is Brendan Frasier (in his Mummy persona).

Lexi said...

Thanks, Bonnie! I really am loving these people.

Bailey, I forgot about George AND Hugh! I love all George and well, Hugh is Hugh. Yum!

Lexi said...

So many men, so little time!