Friday, August 06, 2010

CONTEST!!!

Okay, I promised a contest this week so here are the deets!

If you like to read historicals, then I have a prize pack for you! I have a couple of books and a bunch of historical goodies from the goody room at RWA Nationals.

Why is a suspense and short contemporary author giving away historical stuff? As the vice-president and AGM organizer of Celtic Hearts, I received supplies for 2 gift bags and we only ended up raffling off one. So I had an extra book from the very generous and very talented Margaret Mallory. Rather than send it back to her, she agreed to let me raffle it off here!

How can you win? That's the easy part! To be in the running, leave a comment about your favorite historical character (or book) and why that person is your favorite. Comments will be accepted until midnight Sunday. From the comments, I'll choose a winner and announce Monday.

What do I get out of it? I get to share some of the things I picked up in Orlando, I get to promote a fellow Celtic Heart AND I get some book recommendations! (I like reading historicals. I just wouldn't want to write them! I'll leave that to the experts.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great contest!

Anonymous said...

I love historicals and I love Diana Gabaldon's hero, Jamie Frazer.He can time travel to my house anytime he wants.

Jamie Burton

Lexi said...

OMG, Jamie and Claire's story was what got me seriously writing to get published! I wanted to write characters that inspired and touched people as much as Jamie and Claire inspired and touched me!

Sarah Hoss said...

I agree. It was Jamie and Claire that got me soo hooked on Scottish Historical romances. There is one other hero that pulls at my heart strings though, and that is Will Rollo.

You meet him in Veronica Wolff's Highlander booksbut in "Lord of the Highlands", he finally gets his own story. Rollo has a disfigured leg and in the first books where he is a friend and confidant, you get to see his strength. In "Lord" you get to see his vulnerability also. I adored him before I love him now!!!!

Unknown said...

Just like the others, my favorite is Jamie and Claire from the OUTLANDER series. I've never read about another fictional couple whose love story captivated me like this one did. They seem real to me,as if they actually existed in history.

Lexi said...

LOL! It looks like I have a lot Jamie fans! And why not? He's hot and he's a GREAT hero!