Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Um....Yeah

I've done NO writing today. Didn't do much yesterday. Real Life has stolen a lot of my writing time and my motivation these last few days.

I've been focusing on "real, day job" stuff- filling out applications, sending resumes, answering e-mails, making plans for interviews, putting content to my tutoring business website. I have to tell you though, that my friends at my old job went back to work and some are already complaining about the "toxic environment." I'm SOOOO thrilled I'm not there and I absolutely do not regret my decision to leave.

Then there has been the work to get Nationals taken care of. Yes, we've been home for 2 weeks and 2 days from RWA Nationals, but my VP duties for the Celtic Hearts/Hearts Through History Gathering have not finished yet. They require emails and math {{{shudder}}}. Hey, what do you expect? I'm an English teacher, not a mathematician!

I've come to grips with the fact that my manuscript will not be ready for the editor on September 1st like I'd planned, but that's ok. As I've said before, the revisions are coming along just not as fast as I'd like. I want a superior manuscript so of course I'm willing to wait to send it. And I'm sure the editor would want me to wait too so that there will be a better chance of her calling and saying she wants to buy my book!

I'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

Cindy Procter-King said...

That's the right attitude. Make it the best manuscript it can be.

I'm in the same spot with revisions on my cindypk ST. Just when I was on a roll I had to stop to do the edits for the contracted novel. And the deadline for that coincided with the beginning of an intense week of motherhood issues. Mainly finding the youngest a place to live in the next province while he attends geology field school (we stupidly thought they'd have a camp like when my dh was a forestry student). It's his birthday AND he's leaving next week. His last day of work is today. We have a ton of organization and packing to do. Agh!!!