Sunday, August 08, 2010

T-H-E E-N-D

I typed those two words tonight on my latest suspense, Partner. I'm sad to see the characters go. Yes, I've still got 3 weeks of revisions to do before I submit it to the editor, but there are no more new scenes to write. There's a lot of layering to be done, and a lot more about the characters- hero, heroine, villain and secondary ones- to uncover, but still I'm sad that my baby will soon be leaving the nest. This is my 10th manuscript and it's still as emotional to finish as the very first one was.

2 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Well done - even if you are sad to get here.

Lexi said...

Thanks, Chris! I suppose I don't need to be that sad yet. And in the end, don't I WANT to finish and send my baby out into the world? Ah yes, bittersweet process for sure!