Thursday, August 12, 2010

Stumped

Yesterday I had a rough afternoon/evening. There was no reason for it. I was just in a slump. I'd interviewed for a teaching job the day before and they were supposed to let me know either way yesterday or this morning. (Still haven't heard.) My focus was on that and justifying why I should or shouldn't get it.

Well, all that thought about the job and my future and my writing sucked all the energy out of me. Plus, I'm torn in different directions because I have to do the suspense revisions, write the suspense synopsis and write/revise the short contemp for the Mills & Boon contest. Oh yeah, and all this needs to be done by 9/6. Yeah, that's 3 1/2 weeks. THREE AND A HALF WEEKS! (OMG, I just looked at the calendar and realized that!) ACK! So, um, is it easy to see where the stress is coming from?

BUT have no fear, as I keep instructing myself. I did a tiny bit of writing last night and then I sat and watched The Bourne Ultimatum, which TOTALLY got me inspired. Well, started to get me inspired. I haven't actually started working on the writing yet today. BUT I will! I PROMISE! My characters deserve it! (And, actually, so do I!)

LATER DURING REVISIONS, TAKING IT ONE CHAPTER AT A TIME: DAMN, I'M GOOD!

2 comments:

Gary said...

Damn! Yes you are!

Lexi said...

LOL! Thanks, Gary! And then tonight, after Laura's signing, Supremacy was on so I worked with that in the background.