Tuesday, April 29, 2008

And The Beat Goes On

I'm still sick, but not nearly as bad as I was. Today the kids took state mandated testing so I couldn't do a thing. So while I monitored them, I thought about Danger. Once the kids were finished, I started jotting down notes and scenes and came up with some great stuff! I also wrote about 600 or 700 new words on the manuscript! Yay! But the best part of the day was when I figured out my writing plan for the time between now and my summer vacation trip (in July). I've decided I'll have a polished partial, query letter and synopsis by my June Austin RWA meeting. Not only that, but I will have sent off 5 agent queries. Then I plan to have my manuscript completely revised and finished by July 1. So you hold me to it. Keep me on track.

10 comments:

Tez Miller said...

To give yourself the best chance possible, I strongly suggest having Danger completely revised and polished BEFORE you query any agents.

All the best to you, and have a lovely day! :-)

Lexi said...

I've got it covered, Tez. No worries!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling icky, Lexi. I hope you're on the mend soon.

Sounds like you have a solid plan though! Way to go on the writing!

Lexi said...

Thanks, Elisabeth. As for the plan, yeah it sounds great. Here's hoping I can put it into action! LOL!

Anonymous said...

(((Lexi)))

Unknown said...

You're on a roll. Send some of that motivation my way, won't you? Sorry you're not feeling better. Being sick is no fun at all!

Lexi said...

Thanks, Bonnie. I'm really not doing that badly.

Lexi said...

Uh, Cat. Talking about all these plans is one thing. Actually doing them is another.

Trish Milburn said...

Hi, Lexi. Thanks for swinging by the Romance Bandits blog. I clicked on your blog through your post there.

I have a good friend who is a teacher in San Antonio, so I heard about TAKS testing today. :)

Good luck with your writing.

Lexi said...

Thanks, Trish! I'm looking forward to having fun with the Romance Bandits now that I've found the blog!